Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chocolate Banana 'Ice-Cream' - Paleo

 This went viral on Pinterest a while ago. I've been dying to try it out - finally remembered to freeze my banana when I got home from work, so it was ready to go 3 hours later! 

Ingredients:

1 ripe banana (medium-large)
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond butter
1 1/2 Tbsp coconut milk

Slice your banana into thin pieces and place on a metal cookie pan (I had about 22 slices - the thinner they are sliced, the less time they take to freeze). Place the banana slices in the freezer for 3 hours or more - until frozen solid.

In a food processor, process all of the remaining ingredients with the frozen bananas. *Note - I used my mini-food processor, and it fought me for a while on this one. Be patient. Slowly add your coconut milk & extract - it will need all the liquid help it can get!

Process for a couple of minutes, or until smooth!

1 comment:

  1. you can use your blender too... i used it because my food processor was too big for just 1 serving of this...

    ReplyDelete