Friday, May 18, 2012

Here Goes Nothing... *other than shedding pounds

I am a first time blogger, but kitchen extraordinaire. I find myself very comfortable in the kitchen, and absolutely LOVE trying new foods. 

My most recent adventure has been down the path less traveled... low carb cooking.

When most people think 'cooking', there is typically a pasta or flour involved. For this reason, I feel that when people try to 'give up' carbs, they turn to over-processed, convenience items such as:

Sugar free jell-o
Cheese sticks
Lunch meats
Olives
Pickles
Turkey bacon

And the list goes on. That just happens to have been MY list, the last time I tried to cut out carbs.

I am a huge believer in the phrase "You live, you learn", and must say that each time I have tried this type of diet, I have learned a little more. Boredom avoidance is key for me, as I have quit before in part due to over indulgence in the same items, day in and day out. Also, in telling myself I couldn't have cookies, bread, pasta, etc. I only craved them even more. This time around, I am making it a point to recreate some of those craved dishes from the past, only with a much lower carb count - such as macaroni and cheese, cookies and pasta!

Third time's a charm: and I plan on seeing this one through - with the help of my handy, dandy recipe blog. I will attempt to blog about every low carb recipe I make. I am a few days behind, so I'll be playing catch-up today.

Hopefully this blog will help you overcome some of the similar hurdles I have faced, and get you more comfortable in the Atkins Kitchen along the way!

Here goes: Let my phase 1 begin!

1 comment:

  1. I found in this past year while getting to my goal weight, i went off track a couple times but always made a point on my next meal getting back! sometimes you have to have something that is not healthy just so you dont go off completely off track! good luck with the weight loss, and if you have any questions send me a Fbook message! :) lost almost 30 pounds since February 2011 im still about 15 pounds away from my Goal!

    ReplyDelete