Sunday, July 8, 2012

P1: Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Garlic Aioli - 7g

The roasted brussel sprouts have a sweetness to them - mix that with the salty and slightly sourness of the aioli, and you've got total taste bud disorientation (and I LIKE it)!

It's like a bloomin' onion - only better for you!

Ingredients:

10 brussel sprouts
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
salt

Aioli

3 tbsp mayo
1/8 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp lemon juice
Herbs from my garden (1 basil leaf, 2 sage and 1 oregano - finely chopped)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Cut the brussel sprouts into quarters (length wise), and drizzle them with olive oil in a bowl.  As I placed each wedge on the baking tray, I made sure to gently rub the olive oil all over the outside of each.  Bake for 15 - 18 minutes - until they begin to brown on the tips.

While the brussel sprouts are baking, mix together the aioli ingredients. You can play around with your herbs if you're feeling gutsy.  The recipe I 'used' called for parsley - but I, for one, find parsley to be a very bland herb. And I'm a flavor enthusiast.

Makes 2 servings.

The white 'flower' in the picture above is a Leek Blossom that I picked up at Matthews Community Farmers Market yesterday (along with the other flowers).  If you eat one of the little white buds, it tastes JUST like onions/chives.  I added a few of these blossoms to my aioli as well ~ but good luck finding these!

No comments:

Post a Comment