Friday, July 13, 2012

Tomato & Mozzerella Caprese - 2g

Another summer favorite, because I can use fresh basil I have growing out back.



Ingredients:

Fresh mozzarella  (Trader Joes has a fabulous mozzarella. I prefer the kind that comes in it's own tub of water - not the vacuum sealed package)
Tomato
Fresh Basil
Salt & Pepper

Again, no measurements.  Decide for yourself how much is enough.  In my 3 slices of roma tomatoes, I added a little less than 2 carbs. The fresh mozzarella has 0, so overall, and nice low carb appetizer!

Beware, if you add balsamic vinegar (as most people do) there are added carbs in there.  And I decided to save myself the calories by NOT adding olive oil - but again, that's fairly traditional.  It's entirely up to you!

Buon Appetito!
*Italian*

No comments:

Post a Comment