Monday, June 4, 2012

P1: Asparagus Fries - 4g

Sure, potatoes may be out of the question, but that doesn't mean that you can't have something of a similar shape and size, and not to mention, tastes delicious!

*Best served hot & fresh. Kind of like french fries...

Ingredients:
7 asparagus spears, tough ends cut off about an inch - 2g
1 egg
1/4 C Almond flour - 2 g
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 C shredded parmesan cheese
Salt to taste

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Scramble the egg in a dipping dish, and mix the dry ingredients together in another. My parmesan cheese was shredded into pretty long strands, so I tried to grind it up a little more in my hands.

Dip the asparagus spears into the egg, and then roll in the dry ingredients, and place on a tin foil lined baking sheet. I added a liiittle more parmesan cheese to the tops of them right before I put them in the oven.

Bake for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment