Monday, June 4, 2012

P1: Shallot & Garden Herb Dressing - 4g

Got this recipe/idea from a co-worker. I just used what I had fresh in my garden - I'm not sure I would attempt this recipe with dried herbs...

This dressing was so tasty, I almost went to the store to go buy more lettuce to go with it, but I refrained. I treated myself with a piece of low-carb cheesecake I had hiding in my freezer instead. It was a delicious dinner - marinated steak, asparagus fries, a side salad and a piece of cheesecake. Have I mentioned I'm on a 'diet'?


Ingredients:
1/3 C Balsamic Vinagrette (4g carbs/Tbsp)
1/3 C Olive Oil
5 sage leaves
3 oregano leaves
1 large basil leaf
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1 shallot

Finely chop the shallot and fresh garden herbs. Mix all ingredients together for a delicious salad dressing! I made a salad with shredded Italian cheeses and fresh baby bella mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment