Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sometimes all it takes is a wine glass...


Over the course of the past month, I have successfully shed 11-12 pounds (depending on the day), and it feels great! I'll be honest though. It has been tough when my coworkers are sitting next to me, eating ice cream, pasta, and more. But when I'm alone, or planning my meals, even walking through the grocery store, the carbs aren't clawing at my self-control. The cravings are gone! (I never thought I would say that...)

The longer I have gone without breads, pastas, and sweets, the more I understand how much of a 'filler' they are. They help deliver the flavor/goods - but they don't provide much good.

And then there is alcohol. I happen to work in a brewery (every so often). Giving up beer for good is just not an option. Wine is also another 'pleasure' of mine, but while the carb count is relatively low (compared to beer), the downfall comes from the bottle itself. It's just sooo hard to have ONE glass of wine when you know the remaining wine only has a limited amount of days before going bad...

My solution to the wine conundrum? 0 calorie beverages. Grape flavored crystal light. Pear & Ginger sparkling water (as seen above). Even water alone can be enough - when all it really takes is a sip from the wine glass to fool your senses. Sometimes all it takes is a wine glass!

Cheers to 12 pounds - and here's to 8 more!

1 comment: