Thursday, June 28, 2012

P1: Tuna 'Noodle' Casserole - 5g

It's been a busy night in the kitchen - it's too bad I'm not getting paid for this!

I never had tuna noodle casserole growing up, so it doesn't make me nervous like it might some of you.  If you don't like tuna noodle casserole, don't make this dish (well, you're probably not even reading this post). The best part about it is that I had all of these ingredients in my house already, except for the noodles. Pantry, freezer and refrigerator were stocked with just about anything I needed today.

Mine had a stronger onion flavor, but I love it that way, so I won't change a thing!



Ingredients:
3 drained cans of tuna (*I accidentally used 1 can of chicken)
1/2 C mayo
1/4 onion - chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 C chopped steamed veggie of your choice (*frozen cauliflower and broccoli medly)
1 bag shirataki noodles - drained and rinsed
1/4 C almond meal
1 Tbsp butter/substitute (*Smart Balance)
1/4 - 1/2 C shredded cheese of your choice

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Mix tuna, mayo, onion, garlic powder and veggies together in a bowl.  Place your shirataki noodles on a cutting board and 'chop' into bite sized noodles. Stir noodles into the tuna mixture.

Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking oil. Pour the tuna mixture into your baking dish and smooth out.  Sprinkle the top with almond meal and melted butter. Place in the oven for 12 minutes.

Remove from oven and add your cheese.  Bake for another 15-18 minutes.

Let cool for 20 minutes to 'set' the casserole.

No comments:

Post a Comment