Thursday, June 28, 2012

P1: 'Milk' Shake - 2-4g

I had some dental work done on my lunch break today, so I needed to find a clever way to satisfy my chatty stomach without irritating my teeth. If you've followed a low carb diet before, you can understand just how hard it was for me to come up with something 'smooth' to eat.

Ingredients:

1/2 C Atkins Advantage shake (found in the diet/health section of your grocery store)
1/2 C Almond Coconut milk - unsweetened

Easy as that! And the combination of the 2 helps to cut down on the 'diet-shake-flavor'...

The carb count will depend on the flavor of shake you prefer.  Dark Chocolate is my favorite, but it has 6 g/container. Strawberry only has 2, but more of a diet taste. I tinkered with both today, and chocolate was the winner by a landslide. However, I'll still appreciate the strawberry in a moment when I need a quick sweet treat.

I've recently discovered this Almond Coconut milk - 1 cup has only 1 carb and 45 calories! Fat is higher, but I rest easy knowing it's a 'good' fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment