Sunday, August 5, 2012

Crab Zucchini Cakes - 4g

This blog post goes out to my aunt, Colleen, who left me the basis of this recipe.  It has been sitting on my counter for the past week, and I've been dying to make it.  It's been a very busy week though, so I haven't spent much time in the kitchen.  I plan on rectifying that this week - starting tonight - with Crab Zucchini Cakes!



Ingredients:
1 can (drained) white crab meat
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 C almond meal
1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 Tbsp mayo
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Shred the zucchini using the smallest shredder 'setting' possible:
(This was my overflowing cup - not recommended)
 
Squeez out some of the water. You should have about 1/2 C remaining zucchini.

Mix well with the other ingredients.

Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. Spoon in ingredients until each tin is 1/2 full.  Avoid too much liquid in the tin - leave as much behind as possible.

Place the baking tin in the oven for 20-25 minutes.

Remove and let cool for 5 or so minutes.



Should make about 6 or so 'cakes' - at 2 cakes/serving, you take in about 4g carbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment