Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups >2g

I MIGHT be the happiest girl on earth right now. Why? Because I just created these:


Chocolate and peanut butter happen to be my favorite.  Every time I get some fro-yo, I can't help but put a scoop of Reese's peanut butter cups on top... not good!

I found this recipe on Living Low Carb...One Day at a Time's blog, and tweaked it a little (that, and mine made a much smaller batch than hers... I can't afford to have too many of these sitting around!) - Makes 5 peanut butter cups at 45 calories & less than 2g carbs per cup!

Ingredients:
4 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
4 1/2 tsp coconut oil
3 tsp granulated splenda
3 tsp Trader Joe's Valencia Peanut Butter with Roasted Flaxseeds (only 5g carbs per 2 tbsp)

In a pan, mix together the first 3 ingredients over low heat, and stir constantly until it becomes liquid chocolate.

Line a mini-muffin pan with muffin liners.  Pour in about 1 tsp of the chocolate, or until it covers the bottom of the muffin liner. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.

Zap the peanut butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds. *My peanut butter came from the refrigerator, so it needed a little heat.  If yours isn't from the fridge, FIRST check your carb count... and second, don't nuke it so long.

When the bottom layer of chocolate is frozen, divide the peanut butter evenly amongst the 5 cups. Pour the remaining chocolate over the top of the cups, and freeze for another 10 minutes.




1 Reese's cup: 145 calories, 15g carbs
2 of these cups: 95 calories, 3.5g carbs!


1 comment: