Monday, September 3, 2012

Eating on the go!

Eating low carb on the go isn't necessarily an easy feat.

This month is going to be rough for healthy eating. I'll be on the road & out of the office a lot, on top of working late nights.  This 'season' last year, I was in and out of drive thrus and I didn't know any different.

I've got a game plan for this year, and I've stockpiled the glove compartment in my car with:

  • Smokehouse Almonds (5g of carbs)
  • Dark Cocoa Roasted Almonds (4g of carbs - 100 calorie packs are a beautiful thing)
  • Atkins snack bars - carb count varies
My refrigerator is also prepared for lots of meals-on-the-go, that won't need to be reheated (since I'll most likely be eating in my car):

WEEK 1


  • Gazpacho (11g of carbs)
  • Buffalo chicken salad (3g of carbs)
  • Celery sticks & peanut butter with flax seed (5g for peanut butter)
  • Persian cucumbers (seedless & tiny) - my all time favorite, found at Trader Joe's
  • String cheese
  • Sugar free jello
  • Black olives
  • Sparkling Ice fizzy drinks
Hoping to fight off the fast food urges I get... My goal is to limit my visit there to once a week - and of course I'll be tossing any buns, or getting the grilled 'fried' chicken.

Here goes... 24 days of non-stop work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment