Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pesto Egg Salad - 1g

A delicious twist on your traditional egg salad! Really, I just rummaged through my refrigerator to find something I could throw in here. I happened to have some leftover pesto from the other night (roasted portobello mushroom & eggplant napoleons).  I also tried adding a little splash of balsamic vinegar to half of it, and it added an additional complexity! This is a must try (for pesto lovers)!

Ingredients:
6 hard boiled eggs
1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp pesto
1/3 C mayo

*Splash of balsamic vinegar if you're daring!

Separate the yolks and add to a mixing bowl. Combine with mayo and pesto and mix until smooth.

Chop the egg whites and incorporate them into the yolk.

Add a splash of balsamic vinegar if you're interested. I think I prefer mine without, but I'm not a huge balsamic (or any kind of vinegar) fan. Makes 3 servings.

 Enjoy using the poser 'bread' or just by itself!

*I added rosemary & oregano to the bread recipe - hence the specks in the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment