Friday, September 28, 2012

Roasted Cauliflower Poppers - 8g

I like cauliflower - but I wasn't sold on the idea of these at first.  I had some left over cauliflower from my 'fried rice', so I decided to give these a shot. 



To my surprise, they were incredibly tasty!

Ingredients:
3 C cauliflower florets
1/4 C olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt

Sauce:
1/4 C tomato sauce (lowest carb you can find - mine had 4g per 1/4 cup)
1 Tbsp grated parmesan
1/4 tsp oregano
Dash or two of garlic powder

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Mix the cauliflower with the olive oil and salt until well covered. Distribute evenly around a tin foil lined pan. Bake for 20 minutes, take out of the oven and turn each floret over. Place back in the oven and bake again for 20 minutes.


While baking, mix the tomato sauce, parmesan, oregano and garlic powder.

Remove the cauliflower from the oven, and dip to enjoy!

Makes 2 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment